Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Which One Is More Of A Stranger?

Stuck in this endless cycle of trying to figure out if my mind is escaping me or I am escaping it. The colors are all wrong and the distances seem to be vacillating between near and far. I wake up. -http://roundwon.blogspot.com

I woke up because the sun was blaring through my windows and my head was pounding as if a bulldozer had slammed me over the head numerous times. I looked to my left and a guy hugging my favorite pillow was soundly asleep. WHO THE FUCK WAS THIS GUY? Instead of being awkward, I woke up him. He startled for a second, then smirked while he said "again?" I laughed and agreed, it's vacation, fuck it.

We laid there after learning each others names and talking about our previous night adventures. Who remembered more was the main part of our story. But then I saw it-- a fly sitting on the wall. A small part of me felt invaded. "Kill the fly," I said to my "stranger" boy.

"By the time I get up it will be gone," He replied.

Just then I realized he was lazy like most of the human race. Too lazy to get up and try. So instead I got up and slowly started walking towards the fly on the wall. I grabbed my sandal on the floor because I had one target on my mind. When I got over to the wall, it was still there. Up pretty high, I realized I would have to jump. Without hesitation I jumped off my feet and swatted it with my sandal. It's guts now replaced what was the fly on the wall. I turned around and looked at the lazy stranger boy and said, "You can go now."


1 comment:

  1. This post was easy to follow, which made reading it pleasurable. The subject was grasping and made you wonder what would happen next. The only thing that I did not enjoy about the narrative was that the author could have given more descriptions about each of the characters. Also, why is she so irritated by lazy people? Is there a background the audience is supposed to know about? In addition to the lack of descriptions, I think that there could have been a better way of incorporating the quote from the other blog instead of just putting it by itself at the beginning of the post. Get creative with it! My favorite part of the post was the ending, which states, “Without hesitation I jumped off my feet and swatted it with my sandal. It's guts now replaced what was the fly on the wall. I turned around and looked at the lazy stranger boy and said, "You can go now."” I found this to be a very interesting and endearing way to end the post, but also make it some-what of a cliff hanger, so to speak. The picture that is included in the post of the fly goes well with the secondary subject of the post. However, I think that changing the background of the image, possibly to an all white background, would have been more appropriate as opposed to a pink flower, which is apparent in the background of the current image. Although there is a lot of focus on the fly, the main idea of the post seems to still be the narrator’s annoyance with how lazy her “stranger boy” is. Could this possibly lead to another story detail or become an introduction to the continuation of this stranger boy or dislike for laziness.

    ReplyDelete